Abaco Systems Embedded Systems’ R15-LPCIE is the latest generation of performance and flexibility for MIL-STD-1553A/B Notice II on a low profile PCI Express module. Available in -40 to +70 temperatures (with relays) and -40 to +85 temperatures (without relays) with one or two dual-redundant channels. The R15-LPCIE includes advanced API (Application Programming Interface) software that reduces application development time.
Standard features include: IRIG-B signal Receiver/Generator, software selectable transformer or direct coupling, variable voltage output, 66 MHz, PCI bus support, 1 Mbyte of RAM per channel, 64-bit 25 nanosecond message time-tagging, dedicated input and output triggers for each 1553 channel, extensive BC & RT link-list structures, error injection/detection, 12 bi-directional avionics level discretes, automatic/manual RT Status Bit and Mode Code responses, along with advanced BC functionality. The R15-LPCIE Bus Monitors provide unparalleled error detection and 100% monitoring of fully loaded buses.
The Abaco Systems MIL-STD-1553 product line is significantly enhanced to meet the varying requirements of end users. The internal MIL-STD-1553 Local Processing Unit (LPU) has undergone a major update to improve and expand performance, functionality and modularity. The LPU version is 4.XX or 5.XX (V4/V5) on legacy firmware and version 6.XX (V6) on the new enhanced firmware. In addition to these LPU improvements, multiple other changes were added to enhance firmware and software modularity across multiple platforms.
V6 firmware is highly recommended for all new developments. Previous V4/V5 firmware has been deprecated and will no longer be actively developed but will continue to be supported. Any future 1553 product features or enhancements will only be developed for the V6 firmware.
Using V6 firmware will require updating to BusTools/1553-API version 8.x or later.
- 1 or 2 dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553A/B Notice II/IV channels
- Native 1 lane PCI Express interface (no bridge)
- 2 Differential I/O channels
- Supports SAE AS4111 5.2 RT Validation tests
- Simultaneous Bus Controller, 31 Remote Terminals and Bus Monitor
- Multiple data buffers (bus controller)
- External differential time-tag reset and clock inputs
- High-level API for Windows®, VxWorks® and Linux included (contact the factory for supported operating system versions)
- Multi-function and Dual-function version